Here's the information for Russia for The Best TEFL Jobs in the World. You might also want to look at Europe for non-EU passport holders and The Best TEFL Jobs With Worldwide Employers.
If you know of any other good ones, please let me know by emailing me at email@example.com
Private tutoring or governessing is really the only way to make good money teaching English here. Sometimes you might be paid to go on vacation with them. $75 dollars an hour or £40-£50 is about average now.
- Bonne International: Tutoring and governess positions. They give you paid sick days and holidays. They will likely have fewer jobs in the summer save for the heavy travel / live-in somewhere in Europe then back to Moscow in the fall. They require qualifications and experience with kids as well as people over 25 because of responsibility issues. If you tell them what you are looking for, they will match you the best they can.
- British Business Language Centre: You're only paid about $25 an hour and you can get higher rates from schools in Moscow, however, this school doesn't complain when you refuse to teach a class because you have a private student at that time.
- Duke and Duchess International: On their website they say that they have positions inChina, France, Hong Kong, Israel, Italy, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Spain, Turkey, the UAE, the UK, however, I've found that most of the jobs are for Russia.
- Great British Nannies: Nannying positions mainly in Russia. Jobs pay around £800 a week.
- Guvernior: Guvernior often has part-time tutoring that averages $60-$75 for 60 minutes. Pick up a couple clients like this during the week and you will be fine.
TEFL Tips recommends: