- Spam: It came in many different forms. There were people selling gold, asking for dates, and just random "just my business" spam. I didn't want to deal with any of it.
- Privacy: Lack of privacy was a big issue. Although I was partly to blame since I had so many contacts and had added my information, I wanted to get away from it and protect myself. I don't think everyone needed to know where I went to school, where I had worked, or what conferences I had been to.
- No leads: I had originally joined LI in order to network and learn about jobs. The only job offers I had were from pyramid scheme or multi-level marketing.
Some people never had a LI account. Others have decided that they'd had enough and closed theirs.
- Chris Brogan closed his in 2012.
- Doug Belshaw closed and then re-opened his account.
- Finding the Forest listed a number of issues leading to why they closed their account.
- Heather Bussing from HR Examiner closed her account.
- Simply Zesty closed theirs in 2011.
TEFL Tips recommends: