More and more people are making money online. Some people use these ideas to help monetise their blog or website. However, as you can see below it's not necessary to have your own site in order to make money online.
- There are tons of guides about how to make money online.
- You could also check out Entrepreneur Journey.
- Inc has the top 10 sites for freelance jobs.
- Life Hacker which has a graphic with over 200 ideas for making money online.
- Here's an article with over 30 ways to earn money from your blog.
- Upwork vs. Freelancer.
- 17 Upwork alternatives.
- Wardrobe Oxygen has a comprehensive list and talks about their pros and cons.
- This article has information on 41 ways to earn money blogging.
- I also wrote an article on how to supplement your salary offline.
- Outsourcing some of the work is very useful for bloggers.
- Adsense, blamads, are peerfly use CPM.
- Passionfruit and adproval allow you to sell ad space on your blog. You can customise what types of adverts you want to offer and approve all adverts before they go live.
- Many people recommend Hubpages which recently took over Squidoo.
- There's also text link ads and link Share.
- Sometimes advertisers will contact you or you can find advertisers yourself. For example, I was contacted by CCELT and University of Toronto' Online TEFL Course.
- Budgeting in the Fun Stuff can find advertisers for you for advertisements and guest posts.
- Amazon, The Book Depository, Clickbank, and iHerb (up to $10 off your first order (Code: LNQ216) seem to be the big ones right now. Here's a tutorial for how to write your own Amazon links.
- ShareASale, Skimlinks, and Viglink are fantastic if you often link to products. Clixgalore is also good, but I prefer Clickbank.
- Other popular ones are dosh dosh and e-junkie. I've had issues with e-junkie since they just host the products and aren't responsible for making the person pay you.
Ebook: Write an ebook. You can even set up an affiliate scheme to help sell it.
Expat / Niche Websites: Start your own website.
Franchise: Instead of starting your own site you could buy a franchise.
- Anglo Info is one example of a franchised website.
Freelance: There's stiff competition as many people on there are from Indian or the Philippines and charge less.
- Elance, flex jobs, get a freelancer, guru, odesk, proz, and xplace are good places to start looking for freelance jobs. Fiverr has recently become very popular.
Guest posts: Have people write a guest post for your site. In exchange they can link to their website. How much you charge depends on many things such as the length of the post, how much traffic you get, how many links they can add, and how long their links will stay live.
- You can look for people on your own or go through a company such as Budgeting in the Fun Stuff and they will find guest posters (as well as advertisers) for you.
- Sometimes advertisers will contact you or you can find advertisers yourself. For example, I was contacted by Greenback Tax Services and they have written some guests posts for me.
Market Writing: Write posts for other people.
- David from ELT world also has good info about market writing on his blog.
Online Business: Take a look around you and see if you can sell goods or services.
- Try selling local goods to people back home (some people use ebay) or handmade items, such as soap, to expats.
Photos: Your photos have to be top quality and can't be on any other stock sites.
- Photographers direct, alamy, index stock, istock photo, dreams time, shutter stock, big stock photo, can stock photo, and super stock are good places to start.are good places to start.
Teaching: You can tutor or set up a MOOC.
- The ultimate teaching position and how to teach English online and get money have good info. Teach online has lists of schools. Look at this 25-year-old who made $66,000 in one month.
Translate: Competition is fierce. It helps if you know a difficult language.
Turking: It doesn't pay that well, but it could add up.
Writing: You could write articles for websites. You could also write ebooks. It takes minimal time and effort and there are no shipping costs so it's easy to make a profit.
How to Get Traffic
- Build My Rank
- Google Adwords: Keyword Tool
- The Keyword Academy
- Keyword Strategy
- Warrior Forum
Free Info About Making Money Online
- Entreprenuer Magazine
- How to build a membership site
- How to start an internet business
- How to make money blogging
- V Finance
Where to Live Overseas if Most of Your Income is Online
By working online you can live anywhere in the world.
- China (some tourist agents in Shanghai can get you business visas for up to 1 year)
- EU (If you're from the EU, you can live just about anywhere in the EU)
- India (6 month tourist visas)
- Indonesia (6 month tourist visas)
- Mexico (6 month tourist visas)
- Latin America (border hop or pay cheap fines for overstaying your visa)
- Philippines (you can extend a tourist visa for up to 2 years)
- Thailand (extend your tourist visa or border hop)
- Turkey (get a resident visa for up to 5 years)
- Vietnam (easily renewable tourist visas)
- Adsense Flippers
- Benny the Irish Polyglot
- Four Hour Work Week
- Grand Online Profits
- How I Make Money Blogging
- How to Teach English Online and Get Money
- JetSet Citizen
- Laptop Hobo
- Lonely Planet's Thorntree Forum has some tips as well.
- Nerdy Nomad with her earnings.
- Niche Persuits
- Nomadic Matt has an ebook about how to make money with your travel blog.
- Smart Passive Income
- Tent Blogger has lots of tips on how he monetizes his website
- Top 10 Online Earners
- The Ultimate Teaching Position
- Wandering Trader
TEFL Tips recommends: