Thursday 1 August 2013

Teaching / Working in the US or Canada

America and Canada have a lot to offer. It is possible to teach there even if you don't have a US or Canadian passport. There are many immigrants and they have become a melting pot of cultures around the world.

Some of the info below was taken from a book written by Susan Griffith called Teaching English Abroad. You might also want to take a look at Teaching at International Schools and Teaching Exchanges and Fellowships.

United States
The US offers an Exchange Visitors Programme and provides successful applicants with J-1 visas. Here are just a few programmes that offer this.
  • AMIDEAST has scholarship and exchange programmes.
  • Amity has an intern and teacher programme.
  • BUNAC gets work visas for its participants.
  • DECS places teachers in the US.
  • EPI places teachers in K-12 schools.
  • Humphrey Fellowship offers mid-career professionals 10 months of work and study.
  • ITES places teachers in K-12 schools.
  • LASPAU has research and scholarship programmes.
  • NCUSCR offers exchanges between the US and China.
  • The US State Department has a list of more exchange programmes as well.
  • VIF places teachers in K-12 schools.
  • World Class Schools places UK teachers in US schools.
  • BUNAC gets work visas for its participants.
  • CEEF places teachers in Canada and has exchanges for Candian teachers to go to other countries.
  • DECS places teachers in Canada.
  • LECT offers exchanges between Canada and Australia.
International Schools Jobs
Short-term and Working Holiday Visas


No comments :

Post a Comment

Spammers need not waste their time: all comments are moderated.

Privacy Policy and FTC Disclosure

Please read TEFL Tips' Privacy Policy and FTC Disclosure.
Google Analytics Alternative Google Analytics Alternative