Things change and even though you didn't accept the job, there's still a chance that you might be offered it again. Below are some situations that might cause you to re-apply to the job that you turned down.
1. Your situation has changed
- Maybe you turned down a job in order to study.
- Or possibly because your partner was unwilling to move.
- You might not have accepted the job because it was your second choice and your first choice offered you your dream job. All that glitters isn't gold though; the job you accepted might not have turned out the way you thought it would.
- Maybe the pay they offered you was too low but now they're offering more.
- The benefits package might have changed: less hours, a bigger bonus, housing or an allowance, or the vacations are longer.
4. The Director Of Studies or Hiring Director has changed
- In the TEFL world DOSes come and go. If there's a new DOS you've got a better chance of being asked for an interview even though you turned them down before.
- If you turned the job down because the previous DOS wasn't good, then you might want to accept the job with a new DOS.
TEFL Tips recommends: