- Housing allowances are often added to your salary and if your housing is cheaper than what you're given for your allowance you can often keep the difference.
- You can choose where you want to live and what type of housing you get.
- It allows you to separate your work from your personal life.
- You can decorate it and make it homey.
- Since housing allowances are often added to your salary you may be taxed more.
- You're responsible for your housing, so will have to buy anything you need or arrange to have things fixed yourself.
- Your housing allowance might not be enough to pay the monthly rent or the key money so you might have to supplement it with your own money.
- You have to deal with the landlord and your employer might not help you.
TEFL Tips recommends: