Dunn and Dunn stated that teachers need to help students and make changes so that all students can learn. Changing the layout of the classroom or how students work are just a couple of examples. They use "contract activity packages" to make this work.
If you're interested in learning more about this, there are a number of good books written about Dunn and Dunn's learning styles. You might also be interested in . . .
- Dale's Cone of Experience: best ways to learn
- Gardner: multiple intelligences theory
- Gregorc: abstract, concrete, random, sequential
- Honey and Mumford: activist, reflector, theorist, pragmatist
- How boys and girls learn differently: different ways of thinking between genders
- Learning Pyramid: how teaching methods affect how much you learn
- Kolb: converger, accomodator, assimilator, diverger
- Meyers-Briggs: sensation, intuition, feeling, thinking
- VAK: visual, audio, kinesthetic
TEFL Tips recommends: