Tuesday, 15 November 2011

Quick Tip: Writing is a Process

As teachers we often focus too much on product rather than production. Writing is a process that should students should learn step by step. It's hard enough for people to write in their native language let alone a foreign language.

ESL and EFL students need guidance when writing in English. Planning needs to be done before students can sit down and write a final draft. You should take students through these steps and have them count towards their final grade.

Perhaps the final copy could be worth 25% and other things such as notes, outlines, first drafts, editing and proofreading could make up the other 75%. Using a rubric will help both you and your students. 


Got an idea for a quick tip?
Email me with your quick tip, name, and website (if you have one) and I'll post it ASAP.

TEFL Tips recommends:

No comments :

Post a Comment

Spammers need not waste their time: all comments are moderated.

Privacy Policy and FTC Disclosure

Please read TEFL Tips' Privacy Policy and FTC Disclosure.
Paperblog
Google Analytics Alternative Google Analytics Alternative