Granted Jackie does get some flack, but I believe that's because people are jealous. She's a real go-getter and doesn't waste her time. She uses her free time to build websites and write books. By doing this she's been able to create a substantial passive income stream, meaning that she literally makes money while she sleeps. Here are some of the books she's written and I'm sure there will be many more to come:
- 39 ESL Warm-Ups: For Kids (7+)
- 39 ESL Warm-Ups: For Teenagers and Adults
- 39 No-Prep/Low-Prep ESL Speaking Activities: For Kids (7+)
- 39 No-Prep/Low-Prep ESL Speaking Activities: For Teenagers and Adults
- How to Get a University Job in South Korea: The English Teaching Job of Your Dreams
- How to Thrive in South Korea: 97 Tips from Expats
- The Wealthy English Teacher: Teach, Travel, and Secure Your Financial Future
Years ago I wrote a blog post about life after TEFL with some advice for teachers going home. While I only skimmed the surface, Jackie has a new book out called, Life After ESL: Foreign Teachers Returning Home that is jammed packed full of stories and advice from teachers who have made the transition from TEFLing abroad to getting a job back home.
Her book starts with the results from a survey she did about teachers going back home. Then she goes on to offer 13 pieces of advice, job options that you will have, her own story, and then what jobs will be in high-demand by 2020 for a handful of countries around the world.
If you're thinking about going home soon or even in a few years, I highly recommend you read Life After ESL: Foreign Teachers Returning Home. Start planning now and it will make the transition so much easier.
TEFL Tips recommends: