- Going to conferences is a great way to network.
- Fine-tune your skills by talking to other teachers.
- Training sessions can be put on your CV and make you more marketable to employers.
- Learn new teaching methods and tips to help you become a better teacher.
- Employers often attend conferences so you can learn who's hiring and even get a job.
- There are often book fairs where they offer great discounts.
- Raffles are often held so you can get free stuff.
- Keynote speakers are often world famous and have insight about key issues in teaching.
- Learn about other teaching events, TEFL courses, masters degree, and PhD programmes.
- Talk to other teachers and find out which schools are fantastic and which are not.
This article has also been published in the ELT Times
TEFL Tips recommends: