If you know of any other good ones, please let me know by emailing me at email@example.com
Being a Direct Hire is the Way to Go!
Try to get a direct hire position rather than one with a recruiter. Some benefits that you can expect to get are:
- Free airfare (at least once a year, sometimes more)
- Decent accommodation
- Health insurance
- Transport allowance
- End of contract gratuity (1 month salary for each year worked)
- Paid overtime
- Potential to teach evening contract work
- Own private / semi private university office with computer and internet
- Decent university facilities: gym, swimming pool, cafeteria, etc.
- Decent working hours (average is 22 contact hours)
- Decent classrooms with good technology (computers, overhead projector, internet, smart boards, etc.)
- American University of Sharjah
- Emirates College for Advanced Education
- Emirates Institute for Banking and Financial Studies (EIBFS)
- Higher Colleges of Technologies (HCT): They seem to be recovering from the mass firings they had.
- Fatimah College of Health Studies (FCHS)
- Khalifa University of Science, Technology, and Research (KU)
- Petroleum Institute (PI)
- United Arab Emirates University (UAE University)
- Zayed University
TEFL Tips recommends: